Amazing Secrets of the Bhagavad Gita
- Category Philosophy & Religion
- Format Paperack
- Imprint Rupa
- Price 295
- ISBN: 978-81-291-4037-1
- Pages: 312 pages
- Date: July 2016
ABOUT THIS BOOK
• What is the Bhagavad Gita?
• Where does the Bhagavad Gita appear in the Hindu scriptures?
• What makes the Bhagavad Gita the most important scripture in the world?
• Was the Mahabharata War a symbolic war?
• What are sin and salvation according to Lord Krishna?
• What does Lord Krishna say about birth, death, and reincarnation in the Bhagavad Gita?
• Why is the Bhagavad Gita’s point of view so unusual?
• Does Lord Krishna mention heaven and hell in the Bhagavad Gita?
• What is the final message of the Bhagavad Gita?
Amazing Secrets of the Bhagavad Gita answers many such questions and more. It is not yet another translation of or commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, but a topic-wise summary of the ideas and concepts found in the Gita. Topics as diverse as salvation, karma, chakras, yoga, abortion, creation and annihilation of the universe, how to deal with stress, how to pray, gambling, what is an avatar, and others are discussed and explained for the lay reader in a simple and effective manner. The lively conversational style between a grandfather and his eighteen-year-old grandson makes it an easy and engrossing read.